Monday, May 28, 2012

On Mondays I watch Bachelorette and make my own roses.

As we are getting closer to the wedding I decided that Mondays would be my night to watch Bachelorette, drink sweet tea out of my mason jar and make tons of fabric roses. Emily is my favorite and I'm so happy she's the new Bachelorette, so I was not going to miss this season.

I found a few tutorials online and took it from there. I started out making burlap roses by cutting 2 inches wide by 20 inches long strips of burlap, folding it in half while rolling and twisting the fabric. The trick is to put hot glue dots every few twists to keep it from coming apart. When I came to the end of I am using the burlap roses on the bridesmaid name hangers.


I went to Joann's and found some pink fabric that matched the bridesmaid dresses, so that I could make the other part of their gift, jute clutches with a pink rose attached in the middle. I used the same measurements as the burlap roses 2 inches wide by 20 inches long strips of fabric.





See the next few posts on the final bridesmaid gift projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment