Monday, January 14, 2013

Ready to share our news...

After we met with the doctor for our 8 week check up we were going to back home to visit our families and see our friend's band play. We figured this would be the perfect opportunity to let the ones closest to us know that we are pregnant and due in August. I had envisioned getting an ultrasound and seeing the baby at our first appointment, but apparently you have to wait until 12 weeks to get one.

When we arrived back home we stopped at Jeff's mom's house and called his sister to come over. We also had arranged for my parents to come and pick us up there so we could all ride together to see my friend's band. When we pulled up we went in and Jeff gave his mom flowers and said well we wanted to tell you you are going to be a grandma. She was super excited and we both started crying. Next up was Jeff's sister and her husband. They were really excited as well. The funniest was when my parents showed up. My dad came to the door and I said, can you get mom and tell her to come in. She was in the back of the car and not really wanting to have to crawl out to come in, but did anyways. When she walked in finally I started to say well we have some news...she looks at Jeff's sister and said Yay! You are pregnant. I start shouting at this point hello over here...We are pregnant! You are going to be a grandma! She started crying and then we all started crying again. We are having the first grandchild on both sides, so the mom's were very emotional and happy. Later I asked my mom why she thought I would be the one to tell them that they were pregnant. She just laughed and said normally you can't keep a secret so I didn't think it was you. However, my dad picked up on it at Christmas and knew I was pregnant when I was drinking water instead of a glass of wine like everyone else.
My dad and me

With my friend Tammy, who's band was playing that night ...and a closed eye shot of my Mom

Me, our friend Jared, Hubby Jeff and my Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment