Friday, June 22, 2012
I found this adorable little boys vintage vest to match Jeff's suede vest he will be wearing. The vest was rush shipped to arrive before the wedding as we are getting close to the wire Amy from Rootsdown was extremely helpful and very sweet to help us ship quickly.
I found a belt on Cavender's website to go along with the theme of the groomsman's gifts belt buckles. I couldn't find an intial one like the other guys, but we found a cut cowboy one.
Daniel's mom, Mallory, who I also have to give a major THANK YOU to, found him brown cowboy boots, a cream shirt and jeans to wear. Mallory has been my liaison when we needed info on the flower girls.
He is going to be adorable. This is his first wedding he is in, and he's 2 so we can only hope he puts on a good show. If he's anything like my brother was when he was a ring bearer, he won't even make it down the aisle. I think the kids are adorable especially when they do the unpredictable in the ceremony.
Thursday, June 14, 2012
After cutting out the 12" x 12" squares I put the vinyl on the mat and inserted in the feeder. I selected my label option Bookplt1 Shadow to cut 10 times.
I began a system after the starting the Cricut up. I would cut my 12" x 12" piece while the Cricut cut out 10 labels, then I would switch them out and start again. 40 pieces later I had 400 labels ready to be placed on mason jars.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Addison's dress was a little long so we had a family member remove the bottom layer as you can see in the last photo. Next to Addison is Daniel who looked so cute next to her we decided he should be the ring bearer. Talk about a last minute addition, we're now searching for him an outfit to match Jeff.
I asked how they liked the dresses and I was told they loved them and they felt really pretty. I'm so happy they loved them and they look adorable in their pink boots to match me. I can't wait to see them in person!
I'm going to make muslin fabric roses to put in their hair the day of the wedding to match their dresses.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
When they arrived, I searched ideas online to see what styles I liked and decided I wanted to do 3 pieces of wheat behind the cotton boll and wrap the jute around the stem. The key is to hot glue spots while you are wrapping the jute so it stays. I also glued the stems together and started wrapping from the top. I did two layers of jute wrapping on the stem so the pins were able to stay better.
These were fairly easy and I was able to make 20 of them pretty quickly.
Saturday, June 9, 2012
- 14 guage galvanized wire, can be found at Home Depot (OOK- 100' ft for $6)
- wood hangers, purchased from Target
- needle nose pliers/ wire cutter, found a 3-in-1 tool at Joann's for $4
- drill for holes to put wire in hanger
- hot glue gun
- patience and practice
This was definitely not a one night project. I ended up doing these over the course of a few weeks. I made them for my 10 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, my mom and my mother-in-law.
For the first time doing them, I'm satisfied with the way they turned out. I added the burlap rose to the top to give them a little something extra. *We did have some issues with the hot glue not holding the wire in the drilled holes. I would either wrap the wire around the hanger or try gorilla glue.
*Photos of dresses are from our fabulous photographer Stephen's Photography